Friday, November 7, 2008

Sleep

I never knew how much I loved sleeping in. Sleeping is habitual, everyone does it. We all have to at some point. Have you ever wondered what you looked like when you sleep. Sometimes I wake up the next morning and find myself sleeping with a different pillow than I was at the start of my sleep. Or sometimes I have no blanket on at all or even sometimes, I end up on the other side of my bed. Do you ever wonder how you got there? I believe that when I sleep I have dreams that I am burning up or that I was running from someone and the only way to get away is to completely throw my body to the other side of the bed.

I sometimes think that it would be entertaining to videotape myself, or anyone else in that matter, while we sleep and then watch it. I take sleep forgranted but I think that once I saw how much fun sleep looks like, I will like sleep. When I think of sleep now I think of laying in a bed totally motionless and unconscious but thats not what sleep is about. I bet I have some of my best times sleeping. And some of my worst times. When I wake up and have a good dream, I just take it as a good dream but haven't you ever felt like you've had dejavu in one of your dreams. I believe dreams hold answers and sleep is what keeps us alive. It's not just habitual and necessary, it's entertaining.

No comments: