Friday, November 7, 2008

Yellow Truck with an Orange Sign


My family and I take a trip down to Florida every year and because of cost we have to drive. On this long drive I spend much of my spare time* looking out the window. I was pondering why they painted lines have significance on the rode when suddenly a truck passed by. Now trucks are very loud so I noticed it right away. For a small amount a time we drove next to it, but because of my dad's speedy driving we passed it up. As i looked back at it I noticed that it was a Yellow truck. No it was not the color it was, but the name of the trucking company. It just so happens that every truck from the Yellow company happens to be orange. I have thought of this question quite a few times. Many be it is orange because it makes a bolder statement, or perhaps yellow is to hard on the eyes. Either way I still believe if it is called Yellow, that's the color the truck should be. Otherwise, they might as well change the name of the truck company to Orange. I think it is weird that the truck company is named after a color in the first place. They didn't put much thought into that marketing campaign, or maybe they did. Maybe they thought that people would find it confusing if the truck is call Yellow, but the sign is orange, therefore they might want to know more about it. They could have done this all on purpose to create a stir about their trucks. Some people might not think they would have put that much thought into it, but I think it is very possible. I have always wanted to met someone who works for the company so I can ask them why their truck is called Yellow, but is not yellow at all. Sometimes I think like I might be reading to deep into this and they might think I am crazy. Whether I am crazy, or not I still want to know. Maybe I can go on their website to find out about it, or see if I can find someone's email who works their to email them. That way I won't have to ask them in person making it less embarrassing if there is no real reason at all. The truck is far behind my speeding dad now and I can barely see the Yellow truck. I guess I will have to wait to find out the answer because I am busy.
*When driving in a cart a person has alot of spare time. Is it really spare time though?
You are doing something, you are traveling, but if your not the one driving your not doing anything. If a friend calls you while you are traveling in a car with spare time and ask you to hang out, you say you are busy. If you have spare time are you really busy?

No comments: