Friday, November 7, 2008

Tieing Back My Hair

As I sit down at my desk and open my laptop, the glow of the screen feels as if it is tanning my pale caucasian skin. I lean down to pick up my math notebook when my long curly brown locks of hair fall across my face. I tuck the locks behind my ear but this act is in vain and the worm like strans wiggle themselves free and brush against my face once agian.
Irritated, i scan my desk and look for the most optimum remedy for this problem. *(footnote)* A blue metalic hair tie catches my eye. This hair tie would work perfect. It was metal clip free which saves stuburn unruly strans of hair from being snagged and caught.
I reach for the tie and grasp it between my thumb and pointer finger. Slowly i test it out by rolling it back and forth between these fingers and then slip my middle finger in the tie as well and check the elastisity of it. Nice and tight, but not too tight where is would keep me from twisting it around my husky tail of hair. "this will do" i think to myslef with assurence.
I transfer the tie from my left and to my right. Slowly, three finger to start, i widen the circumfence of the tiny hoop. I let the tie roll slowly on to my petite wrists. Once in place on my wrist i feel the pintch of elastic. I see the extra amount of skin i possess rise on eiather side of the tie.
With both hands i pull my silky hair behind my head and hold it in my left hand. I use my right set of fingers as a comb and comb my scalp to make sure there are no liberating locks of hair. After this, i transfer my hair into my right hand and with my left hand grasp the tie off right wrist. I pull the tie taught, while makeing sure it dosent spilt, over my right knucles and over my bunch of hair. Now once it is in place i pull tight with my left hand and twist on to my left hand. I switch to bunch back and with my right hand pull it back over and through the hair.
This is where the delema comes in. Do i attempt to do one more twist and pull? With my right hand i tug the tie to test the boundness of it. If i do do one more twist and pull the tie might break, not nessasrily right away but possible sometime through out the day. *(footnote 2)* If i dont, i run the risk of it becoming loose. Decsions, decsions.....

*Now if you have ever had the misfortune of having long hair you know the frustration that goes a long with it. Never being able to concentrate with the constant tucking behind the ears and tieing back can been vexaious. Now i have tried many different hair styles but all of which have turned out disatrious.

*2 Having a hair tie randomly break throughout the day can be devestating. Once time during a sectional soccer game i had tied my hair back very tight so i would have any rebellious strains fall out during the game. As i am running up feild i collide with another girl as we fight to tackle the ball. One rough shoulder to shoulder collision did me in; i was fine but my tie had snapped! I continued to fight for the ball with my hair showering over the both of us. Once i cleared the ball with one big kick i immediatly look to my wrist for an extra hair tie. My wirsts were naked. I had to be subbed out soley for the fact that it was impossible to play with my mane of hair recoliling about. Moral of this footnote, alway keep and extra hair tie on your writsts at all times.

No comments: