Friday, August 29, 2008

English Major?? I dont know about that anymore..

First of all, English is awesome and you can do so much with it. Talk about reading, writing, acting, translating, performing, publishing, and god only knows what else. English has so many levels of difficulty as well as strangely interesting topics. Many cultures have their own language and yet how many cultures are there? Las Casas is by far the most interesting and intriguing piece of writing that i have read so far. I took a spanish course my junior year( AP Spanish 5 to be exact) and that class spent the year doing research on ancient latin american civilization and it has brought back so many memories from that year. Maybe i might change into Spanish Education.. haha I am more into reading the texts and understanding the writing rather than actually learning the rules and and forms of writing. It sucked so much that year because it wasnt just reading involed we had to do both the writing and reading at the same time. I was challenging but i got a 4 on the AP test. My high school teacher senior year was Mr. Rodrigues, (with an S not a Z) he was awesome, he had a huge impact on my decision of becoming an english ed major. His was of teaching was something unexplainable and i fould the most efficient out of my 4 years there. The way he spoke to us, in a way connected our minds together and at the end we all were on the same page. I guess you had to be there to understand where im coming from. We read 1984 amd by far i thought that was too hectic, but coming here and reading Richter i wanna shoot myself( not literally though). Enough about that, I want to be the cool english teacher that shows up to class on the first day, seems like would be an easy course and make things fun and out of no where get serious. I found that system is efficient. I want to be able to feel comfortable with my students and not have them intimidated or feel shy or uncomfortable. So even though i was put throught that in high school, i at least wont be the same way to my kids someday....hopefully soon...

No comments: