Friday, August 29, 2008

More Books Then Even Mrs. Milner Could Handle!

Alright, do not get me wrong. I like reading, I like writing, and honestly, I like speaking. So I thought "hell why not be an English major!" In high school this idea seemed so cool, I was the only one of my friends who knew exactly what they wanted to do. As summers end approached, I was thinking to myself "why not by my books online instead to paying $9,000 for them else where." To my surprise when I logged on to my icampus and looked at my book list....one class had more books than all my other classes put together. Everyone laughed and naggingly said "Stop complaining, your going to be and English teacher." Like I said do not get me wrong, I love reading, it just so happens I do not like reading everyday of my life! I tried judging all the books by the covers and they seemed attractive enough to read. Little did I know that every word in our Falling Into Theory book flies over my head like a flock of birds. I read it, then re-read it....and write a response to it....and.....I still do not get it. I am starting to wonder what our teacher thinks after he reads our responses, actually mainly mine since I cannot really speak for everyone else. I know after class when I read my responses after we have talked about the passages in class I laugh. Not because they are funny, its more of a pity laugh....like seeing someone fall. You know, I think reading also would not be as bad if I did not like reading in my room, to some this may seem like no problem, but when your roommate some how has the amazing multi-tasking skills of listening to a mini rock concert in the room while watching T.V. I am just hoping that our novels get a little more interesting throughout the semester! Oh.....ummm I think were supposed quote passages; Falling Into Theory pg 63 "Therefore,  the suggestion that modern Indian education grew out of a body of utterances that embodied the collective attitudes..." Did not understand... pg 64 "But, paradoxically, those measures took the form of instruction in that same literature for which preparation was deemed necessary..." Did not understand. I think the Indies book is pretty "Trippy" as our teacher would say (did spell check pop up for anyone else if they tried to spell trippy? I did not really know that was not a word.)  It's crazy how Spaniards just decided that they could take the lives of others, especially after saying that they are good Christians. Is that a joke? Good Christians? I am pretty sure that their 'god' would be a little upset with them. Wow, ok funny that I was talking about my roommate considering HE JUST STARTED HIS ROCK CONCERT AGAIN! Seriously, does anyone know how I can switch rooms? Well, anyway hope others are having as fun as I am in English 100. Alright, well I'll see you guys Tuesday at 3:35! Have a good weekend, and if you're going home get there safely, and if you're staying here, have fun. Good Bye

-Donny....with a 'Y'

No comments: