Friday, August 29, 2008

To add to the frustrations that I will soon talk about, I just wrote out my post, accidentally hit the back button, and lost every last bit of it. So don't punish me if it's five minutes late.

Anyway, it has been a real odd transition for me coming into this 100 class. Back in highschool, even in my honors and AP classes, English seemed to be fairly easy to me. I was able to comprehend what was going on, or I could make stupid jokes about the book while still bringing ideas to the table. Now, I couldn't make a witty or silly remark if I tried. I cannot very well make an immature, or even mature for that matter, joke about our theory book if I don't even know what is going on in it. It is a frustrating feeling when you cannot understand what is going on, or you cannot comprehend what somebody is talking about. I always kind of build this atmosphere around myself when I enter the classroom where I am nervous or wondering if any or everybody was having the same kinds of troubles understanding the reading from the night before. It truly is a pain when I sit there and read something, think I understand it, then realize that I read something the wrong way or have everything contradicted in the next class. Honestly, I knew that it was not going to be easy coming into this class, but I also did not expect everything to be so confusing. Now I have not yet physically or verbally my book yet, that's just not my style. But when I have to re-read a paragraph from Las Casas 5 times to remotely try and understand it with the type of language that is used, its very hard not to call my book a stupid piece of....poopy. Although it is hard, I can't say that I regret taking the course in the least bit. What I don't understand will only make me smarter over time.

One more note..
I told myself that I would not fall asleep in classes this year, so Gabe if you see me fall asleep, feel free to yell at me to wake me up. Otherwise, it should be a fun year.

Danny B

No comments: