Wednesday, September 10, 2008

fire alarm made me late i swear

I want this paper to remind me why I thought I should be an English teacher,
I want it to teach me things about me I don’t even know,
I want it to force me to be open with myself and confess I don’t know everything
I want it to make me think hard, lose sleep, annoy my roommate, and expand my thinking to a new unheard of level.
Sorrows-Griefs
• Moving to Illinois
• My Dog being put down
• Rabbit after rabbit dying(I wasn’t the best care taker I guess)
• Big Brother going to College
• Aunt having Cancer
• Adopted Cousin
• Brother Joining the Navy
• Being home Schooled
• Unexpected little Sister(12 year age gap youngest to next youngest)
• Starting High School
• Best Friend moving, forced to find all new friends
• Mono
• Going to Ecuador
• Other best friend moving
• Best friend being bulimic
• Going to Finland to see my roots
• Starting College
Weird thing- Every kid in my family was born in a different state????
Towns I grew up in- On Top of Look Out Mountain in Tennessee, Small rural town in Kansas, and a suburb in Illinois. Mom from a hick town in South Dakota, Dad from St Paul

Language- I personally had a speech problem and couldn’t say my S’s or Ch or SH… My brothers name Russell was said RA RA…. I also talk fast.. somanywordsruntogether …..just like that.. when we moved to Illinois all of us said it with the S sound… We also all Say Aunt.. not Ant… Melk not Milk… Pellow not Pillow and Bin not Ben… the name… Those are the language things I know about my family just off the top of my head.

Economy- Computers and cell phones became really popular, War in Iraq caused a lot of issues, woman began to be seen more equally. Dolly the sheep cloned, gas prices. Dvds
The war affected me because it was the reason my brother joined the navy.
Gas- less family vactions
Cell phones- got one because my parents forgot about me and left me at softball for 3 hours!
Computers- Games, IM, My Space, (found my half sister on it)
Water- had a well in my backyard… water was always good but almost ran dry cause I left the hose on!
Trees- We hardly have any trees in my yard or neighborhood, our one big one got taken down due to the pool we put in, so my mom always took us to the Arboretum in the fall and spring to see the leaves change/bloom. Hate Cats Scared of them. Neighborhood has a no fence law so we have an electric fence for our Dog and she ran away once when I was in Ecuador I like to think she was looking for me, some lady found her and brought her back.. but she didn’t want to go to my mom =[ My neighborhood is right off a busy road 64, when I was little I had this friend Sam… who wasn’t a real good kid and she played this game … human frogger…. And me and my little brother did it and she ran back across with out us, so we were stuck and this lady stopped in the middle of the road got out and grabber our hands and ran us across! We leave by the Fox river.. . Its said to have many dead bodies in it who knows I go wake boarding in it sometimes… its brown and when we have a dry spring it gets sickly low.

Fights- When my little sister was born it was hard cause I was use to being my daddy’s little girl so there were many fights over attention. My older sister and I had 345847584 over whose clothes were whose… many ending in slaps or pinches! Fights over barbies and who got to be who. Fights with my parents about my shorts being to short, or jeans to tight. Fights over who got mom and dad.

Eagelton-In really “English” writing, however, language “concretely enacted” such felt experience: true English literature was verbally rich, complex, sensuous, and particular, and the best poem, to caricature the case a little, was one which, read aloud, sounded rather like chewing an apple, the “ health” and “vitality” of such language was the product of a “sane” civilization: it embodied a creative wholeness which had been historically lost, and to read literature was thus to regain vital touch with the roots of one’s own being. Literature was in sense an organic society all of its own: it was important because it was nothing less than a whole social ideology.
Freire-But the humanist, revolutionary educator cannot wait for this possibility to materialize. From the outset, his efforts must coincide with those of the students to engage in critical thinking and the quest for mutual humanization. His efforts must be imbued with a profound trust in men and their creative power. To achieve this, he must be a partner of the students in his relations with them.

Viswanathan- Though Arnold does not dismiss the improvement of material conditions as part of the work of culture, there is no question in his mind that social or political amelioration can only follow upon moral reformation.

No comments: