Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thanks for the help Gabe!!!

In our first project, I included many aspects of my life that made me the person I am today. I talked about relationships with my family members that shaped who I am. As well, I talked about the places I have lived in, and the place I someday hope to live. This project gave readers a view into my life through poems, papers, and a speech. I also let people into certain things that happed in my life that have really made me; me. Such as divorce, being in the middle class, and always having two houses to choose from, I think that all these things shaped my personality to the how it is today. This project got a little crazy because it mocks styles of Brathwaite, Friere, and Viswanathan. I believe the readers of this project can really see who I am as a person and how I became that way.
BRAINSTOM!!! BRING AN UMBRELLA! (wow that was really cheesy)
• Write some pomes about my parents to mimic Brathwaite
• Break apart words to make puns
• Add some symbols that are meaningful
• Include a mock speech so mimic Friere
• Act like this speech would be delivered
• Establish an actual voice
• Add insights about divorce and other background info, to mimic Viswanathan
• So into how divorce affect children
• Talk about the suburbs vs. the big city
• Just really feel this project rather than literally think everything through

No comments: