Wednesday, September 10, 2008

STUPID FIRE DRILL MADE ME LATE!!! My Real Title.."The quirks that make me...me"

  • I want this paper to challenge me to think deeply about myself, yet making sense to the readers
  • I want this paper to help me grasp where I came from.
  • Well, my parents were divorced when I was little so that shaped how I am drastically
  • My mom got remarried immediately and we moved out to the suburbs leaving my family which was hard
  • My very first house was in Hoffman Estates, but then we moved to Gurnee
  • Something weird about me is I have OCD, ADD, I cannot touch cotton balls otherwise I'll either dry heave or throw up (ya, I know....really weird) and if someone says the word moist I'll cringe and have a horrible day (actually even spelling the word disgusts me)
  • Something very very specific; I feel I cause many problems just so I can help people get out of them.
  • I lived in  sheltered  suburbs my whole life, but my biggest goal is to live in downtown Chicago
  • "outskirts" "commuter" "single family" 
  • Upper-Middle class, Dad much more wealthy than Mom
  • I always have had a dog, I hate cats (sorry Gabe) my first two house had forests behind them that I would always go into, I lived with my mom and dad for a while, then (and still today) live with mom
  • Always lived close to the highway because mom has always commuted to work
  • Our family just recently had its first recent loss in a member. 
"If one were to asked to provide a single explanation for the growth of English studies in the later nineteenth century, one could do worse than reply: "the failure of religion." By the mid-Victorian period, this traditionally reliable, immensely powerful ideological form was in deep trouble. It was no longer winning the hearts and minds of the masses, and under the twin impacts of scientific discovery and social change its previous unquestioned dominance was in danger of evaporating. this was particularly worrying for the Victorian ruling class, because religion is for all kinds of reasons an extremely effective form of ideological control." 

  • I want to teach kids because for the most part I don't want them to turn out like douche bags.
  • I think for this paper I am going to write from the stand point of many of my family members to say why I turned out the way I did.
"One of the great contradictions in early nineteenth-century developments is uncovered at the level of comparison of the educational histories of England and India. With the educational context, one runs head-on into the central paradox of British deliberations on the curriculum as prescribed for both England and India: while Englishmen of all ages could enjoy and appreciate exotic tales, romantic narrative, adventure stories, and mythological literature for their charm and even derive instruction form them, their colonial subjects were believed incapable of doing so because they lacked the prior mental and moral cultivation required for literature-especially their own-to have any instructive value for them."

"Indeed, in contrast to other animals who are unfinished, but not historical, men know themselves to be unfinished; they are aware of their incompletion."

No comments: