Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My world?

Okay so I just checked my email and realized I have a half hour to type this post, and I type slowly so this may be a challenge. Well, i will start off by saying I am super excited to do this project. I will really get to think about my world, where i come from, the sorrows, and the good times. The funny thing is my friends made up this thing called "Stephanie's world" because very often I stare into space and I look like I am in another world. So whenever I am "out of it" someone announces "Stephanie just landed on Stephanie world." I would be angry with them for calling me spacey, but I really am. Well, now I will begin listing things...

My family looks really perfect from the outside, but it is not so. My father has been an alcoholic for years, but he is really good at hiding it. My mom just started online college so that when she graduates she can support herself and divorce my father. It is something she should keep to herself, but no she tells me all about it. So I really didn't have a good out look on love growing up.

The big shocker.... my grandpa murdered my grandma, in front of my dad and uncle.

My grandpa then committed suicide years later

My step grandpa also committed suicide
we don't know why

Worth, IL= Hick town. My hometown is known to be white trash
We live there because it is cheap
although my mom takes pride in our house so we have the nicest house on the block
nobody actually knows where Worth is so I just tell people I live in Palos Heights
it is nicer there anyway

my parents love me
although they do forget to pick me up alot
my brother stole my car, the car I loved


Humor is my way out, sarcasm is my buddy

I love my boyfriend
dated since 8th grade
but we go to two different colleges

my bros and I show affection by beating each other up

I talk wayyyyyy to much

"Organic societies are just convenient myths for belaboring the mechanized life of modern industrial capitalism" (Eagleton, 59)


"The supremacy of a social group manifests itself in two ways, as domination and as intellectual and moral leadership" (Viswanathan, 60)

"The oppressed are regarded as the pathology of the healthy society, which must therefore adjust these "incompetent and lazy" folk to its own patterns by changing their mentality" (Freire, 70)

Woot! finished with 10 minutes to spare!!

No comments: