Saturday, September 20, 2008

hmmm still working on the title...

Abstract:

Kayla Montagano's world seems pretty peaceful from the outside. Average sized house, two little dogs, a family who loves her unconditionally. But Tinley Park is home to one of the worst murders of year, the Lane Bryant murders. That one February everything changed her quiet town. People were crying and staying inside, for the murderer is still at large to this very day. Tinley Park was in shambles and is still trying to pick itself up. This project is going to look into what really happened that day and how it changed many people's lives. It will hopefully be written similar to the way Braithwaite writes and will describe how I lived my life before and after this incident. It is a big part of my community now and it is important for me to get the story out. I think people should know that something like this could happen to any little town. In addition to writing aboutt his tragedy, I am going to look into my family's history and background and give some details about my childhood as well. I will also, describe other significant things in my hometown, hopefully no more bad because there are many good things that go on there too. My main goal is for people to get to know me and where I came from by reviewing this project.

Brainstorming:

newspapers about my family
newspapers about the Lane Bryant murders
newspapers about my town's history
the infamous (at least in my hometown) sketch of the suspected killer
family interviews
web sites
possibly song lyrics
Brathwaite's writing structure

No comments: