Wednesday, September 10, 2008

my brain hurts

I want this paper to give me a better understanding of myself. I want to understand where I came from, how I have gotten to where I am today, and realize to appreciate the things that I have in my life. I also want this paper to get me more into English. I feel so rushed with everything right now that it will feel good to sit down and take a lot of time on one specific thing.
My friends were rich; I was well off therefore sometimes I felt poor even though I wasn’t


My parents do the best they can do give us the basic necessities in life.
They are married but never seemed to get alone.
I think it would have been a lot easier if they just got divorced a long time ago.
Youngest of four kids
Most mature out of all of them
Sharing friends with my brother was hard
It made me feel bad when they hung out with me instead
My first crush/boyfriend. . . what a joke.
I’m pretty sure he’s either a high school drop out of in jail.
I hold a lot of things in, sometimes I feel like screaming
I had to grow up at a very early age
Sometimes the kid acts more like the rents then the rents actually are.
Cheerleading. Ten years. Regretful. My body hurts.
Shoulder pain, knee pain, back pain, you name it i feel it
I can lick my elbow. Sometimes people say it’s impossible. . .WEIRD.
I moved to Illinois when I was five…I was born into lavonia Michigan
It was voted best place to live but what they really don’t
Know is that it harvests a ton of pot heads.
Suburbia. Lots of houses that are grouped together in nieghborehoods.
Two dogs, everyone waves to each other. Possible
A perfect town to grow up in . loved taking the train to Chicago
Nothing was too far away.

Wordssssss

Middle class, American dream, overconfident, phony, bogus, outer edge
Lakes, under cover rasism, Berkots, bike riding, nature trail, freedom, drama

I 80 355 trains, dogs barking every second. Even at 5 in the friggen morning
Always seems to be some kind of construction.
And there always seems to be WAY too many banks and pizza places.
So much space but never put it to good use.

Because my family was just “average” in money it never seemed good enough
I worked every day just to get “cool” clothes to fit in
Now I see it was a waste
Parents work hard to pay for just 2 years of all of our college.
I feel like I’m going to be in debt forever.

“It embodied a creative wholeness which had been historically lost, and to read literature was thus to regain vital touch with the roots of one’s own being.”- Terry Eagleton

“Yet only through communication can human life hold meaning. The teacher’s thinking is authenticated only by the authenticity of the students’ thinking.” –Freire.

“English as the study of culture and not simply the study of language had already found a secure place In the British Indian curriculum.” Gauri Viswanathan

No comments: