Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A little confusing!

I want to be able to see myself, for who I really am.

surroundings
            people
fights
      awakenings 
break ups
make ups
          lives lost
sorrows
         toys
books
    nature

          ----How has this all affected me?

Through creative understand and experience
I hope to pull out the details in my life that created me.

                we go from the beginning
 -The divorce was tough, my mom and dad.
 -The death of my gold fish,
  thought it was my fault!
 -I was the oldest of three,
  after the divorce my Daddy took me to Disney Land. 
 -The Death of many family members
  (I never deal well with death.)
 -First time I put on makeup,
  too much I can admit.
 -My first crush, that was over quick.
 -My first love,
  I became dependent on him, and it was a mistake.
 -Learning to let go and be true to myself.
 -The Death of my Grandmother,
  the toll it took on the family as a whole.
  Mostly, my mother.
 - High School insecurities and weight problems.
 - Constant fights and drama with friends.
 - Finally excepting myself after many years.
 - My dad getting remarried when I was in fifth grade.
 - My mom getting remarried as well. 
 - two NEW step sisters!
 - When I got a puppy 
 - Becoming depressed
 - The struggles of my family
    - Fathers business 
    - My mom's new marriage
    - Step sister moving away.
    - Other step sister, I never really see.
    - House fire in Chicago. 
    - My OCD-- common in family.
    - Dad not talking to sister and his Mom.

                                           * I grew up in the city.
                  * Busy, Busy, Busy!
                                           * My Grandma used to sit in front of                                                    our window and watch all the Gay people.
                                           * Constant buzz of cars at night.
                                           * Lake Michigan
                                           * My favorite toy store in chicago.
                                           * Tall trees surrounded the apartments.
                                           * City life, lights everywhere.
                                           * Lots of different people, culture. Poor.                                            * Moved to Aurora/Naperville.
                                           * Also moved to Geneva with my Mom.
                                           * More Neighborhood friendly.
                                           * Movie like scene, kids playing outside.
                                           * Lots of trees, golf course I would play.
                                           * Train tracks, I would sit on the hill
                                             and watch them go by.
                                           * Beautiful lakes, water was fresh,                                                    specially the drinking water! 
                                           * "Soccer Moms"
                                           * "Rich" Neighborhood 
                                           * "PTA" Parents, michelle my step mom not                                               considered one, too young.(long story).
                                           * Block Parties.


 Places/things I loved!
 -Mill Street Elementary-- First crush!
 -Teen Trails camp. so many stories there.
 -High school.
 -Tammy's house.
 -Jewel with my Mommy
 -Breaking my arm, crush laughing!
 -Older sister stealing my crush! 
 -Playing teacher with tory.
 -Fox Valley Mall.
 -Fall Out Boy Concert
 -Britney Spears Concert--First one!
 -Playing house with my sister
 -Making snow with my sister out of paper, putting in on the fan.
 -First Kiss-- Older boy :]
 -Six Flags, girl scout activity!
 -Harry Potter Books & Movies
 -My zenon phase, shopped at Hot Topic.

--"No one can be authentically human while he prevents others from being so. Attempting to be more human, individualistically, leads to having more, egotistically: a form of dehumanization. Not that it is not fundamental to have in order to be human. Precisely because it is necessary, some men's having must not be allowed to constitute an obstacle to others' having, must not consolidate the power of the former to crush the latter." (Freire 77)

--"English as the study of culture and not simply the study of language." (Viswanathan 61)

      
                  

No comments: