Thursday, September 11, 2008

starting out as an english major...

Starting out as an English major is scary, terrifying, and most of all stressful and it's only the second week! I have a feeling I am going to be doing more reading and more writing than ever before in my life which will not be good for my social life so I'm probably going to have to change my major, just kidding! Also, doing this blog every week is just going to increase my time spent on facebook, simply because anytime I use my computer I feel an obligation to get on facebook. My friends tell me I have a serious problem but they are on just as much as I am so they are just really big hypocrites. Anyways, I think English 100 is going to be very challenging and even though sometimes I have some negative thoughts about it (don't worry I keep them to myself) I think I am going to enjoy the class and definitely get a lot out of it. Falling Into Theory is without a doubt a difficult text and some parts are hard for me to completely understand but talking about it in class makes me feel more comfortable with the text. It is interesting that we are reading Las Casas because in my Politics class and also my History class we are talking about almost the same thing, Indians in the 1500's and the colonization that occurred. So, basically this class really scares me but for some weird reason I am excited for it because I know I will learn a lot, well hopefully I will, and it will prepare me for the classes I will have to take in the future as an English major.

No comments: