Wednesday, September 10, 2008

So this website hates me and for the past half hour i've been trying to sign on and it just kept saying blogger error. so sorry for the late post.



i love my family. i have a mom and dad who are still together which i think is lucky and unusual these days. i'm the baby of the family with one older brother named joe. i pretty much made every decision growing up based on him. i looked up to him with everything and even took the blame for things that he did. like one time he broke one of my dads model cars and i took the blame even when joe didn't ask because i'd rther myself get in trouble than him. he goes to western now and i miss him a lot. we've always been closer than most siblings and i feel lucky about that too.

my mom definitey favors my brother. things just seem to fall into his lap. he just got a job workng for my dads company and he makes $500 every week over the summer. the only things he has to pay for are gas and booze. my mom yells at me all the time because i still have a minimum wage job and i drive a 6-cylinder jeep grand cheroke so i never have any money. my brother got to keep all of his graduation money and my parents gave him money for college but i have to use my own money to go to college. it seems selfish of me because i just have to pay for odds and ends and i'm lucky enough to not have to take out loans but its not fair that he gets so lucky and everythings so easy for him when i get the shit end of the stick.

my dad just got a promotion. instead of being on the field as a pipe fitter he gets his own office and wears a tie to work every day. its a pretty big deal. but it doesn't seem like our lives have gotten any easier. the more you make the more you spend he always says. but im not complaining things could be worse.

tinley park is a small town right outside of chicago...and you know what that means...gas prices SUCK! it takes almost $100 to fill my tank. other than gas prices tinley is a very nice place to live. tinley is a very historic town with houses that have been there since my parents have been kids and landmarks that have a lot of meaning. they're knocking down those houses for a movie theatre. many people think that a movie theatre is awesome and makes tinley more updated but i think its sad. tinley will lose its charm.


that's about all i have right now. i hope im doing this right.

No comments: