Friday, October 24, 2008

5 mins late... sue me.

Disclaimer: This is all bs. Dont believe a word of it. I dont believe it and I wrote it. I know I contradict myself, I did it on purpse. And I dont think I did this right either.



A current issue that is constantly perplexing me is whether I should vote in the upcoming election. It seems as if the government is once again searching me out and trying to get my information. How many times must I eschew their requests for my signature? Their unceasing persistence is a bit of a pester as of late. I just may toss away my voters card just out in spite of them. Though I forgive them, for they know not what they are doing and am unable to abstain from the temptation of my reputation.

And even if they left me alone I would not be voting in the upcoming election. I refuse to until my state of Sionilli receives more electoral votes. Admittedly, some other states may not be as educated as my own and the Electoral College is necessary to balance the scales. However, the problem with the Electoral College is simply that it doesn’t go far enough. My vote is that of a commoner. It is appalling that my learned vote is equal to that of a college student who votes for their favorite name on the ballot. They do not care about the country in which we live in. I should be having a seminar later to instruct the commoners on which candidate to vote for, despite my own indifference towards the election.

Don’t mistake my indifference as apathy. I truly care about this country and I do favor the right candidate to win. However, with the current problems with the Electoral College, I am abstaining from casting my ballot because I am not going to toil with a corrupt system. Like Rosa Parks, and Martin Luther King Jr. before me, I am standing up for the rights of man. Through my own act of demonstration I am going to better the country and assert a new, better, Electoral College.

No comments: