Sunday, October 5, 2008

letter.

Dear Daniel Borzutzky,

First of all, I would just like to say thank you very much for coming and speaking to our class. As it was my first time speaking with an author, I found it very interesting. I enjoyed hearing you answer our questions; your answers were very insightful.

As a writer, I found it very useful to listen to your responses about books you wrote. It was comforting to know that even professional writers feel the same doubt and dislike for their own writing. As for the critisism, how do you keep it from bothering you? I know you said don't pay too much attention to it, but how do you ignore/forget about what you've already read?

As a student, listening to your stories about living and studying/writing in other countries was fascinating. It has always been my dream to study abroad and to be exposed to other cultures and experiences. In regards to your "wow" factor, I bet you could find some excellent "wow" facts in another country. How did you survive without knowing the language? That is my only drawback for studying abroad.

Again, thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to visit and talk with our class. We learned very useful information regarding our future careers as students and as writers.
Good luck with your future writing!

Sincerely,
Britten Creasor

No comments: