Friday, October 24, 2008

Lorman to Indigo

Yesterday was quite the victorious day in Lorman. I felt akin to a pile of the trees, their leaves seeming to echo my love of the season. Thus, and solely for this reason, I was not above parting from my afternoon stroll to extract me from my work, and, upon speculation, found a suitable pile of leaves to lie in. There I lie amongst the flora and chronicled with my young companion. Spectators passed with admiring glances at my sheer wit and I laughed heartily with them.
The term flora caught my eye, and I suspect the reader will find this interesting, as it holds common ties with the greek goddess of the same name, as she is quite revered as the flower god, a key attribute of Spring, and I’ve always found that nature stewarded me. Also, as shown in the work ‘The Birth of Venus’, she was married to the greek god Favonius, a young man not dissimilar to the striking fellow with whom I shared my company. I had come to pass a canine earlier and some of the leaves were moister than I had anticipated.
Canines have always lacked the sophistication of efniles, and I am sure of the reader’s aquiescence in this, as whelps have this deliberate nature to their step and so expressive that their motions are even apparent in their slumber. Efniles connote an underlying sense of introspection, yet are also driven by instinct and are ever watchful as I am for any threat to them. Squirrels on the other hand, rodents being lowlier creatures in this food chain in any matter, have, befittingly enough, inferior brain function and patience as well. It is my belief that the majority of people in this world posess affinities to rodents. For instance, there was a thick-headed woman with whom I was forced to share my afternoon. She had the blind audacity to ask me what indigo was.

No comments: