Sunday, October 26, 2008

Was i ready


1. I was told to be bold
2. To be true to myself
3. That college would change me
4. That the people I met would have an impact
5. But keep all old relationships in tact
6. They said I wouldn’t get lonely
7. That I wouldn’t miss my one and only
8. To eat healthy and watch my weight
9. Don’t drink and order pizza real late
10. They said I would be fine on my own
11. That I was now full grown
12. But they were wrong
13. I wasn’t all that strong
14. I miss my mom and dad
15. I miss the good food I had
16. Being able to sit up in bed
17. Without having to worry about hitting my head
18. I miss the friends that know me to well
19. And know how I feel without having me have to tell
20. College nights are fun for sure
21. But for my homesickness I need a cure


Line 1- I was told to be bold.
My father has always called him is tough girl; he puts me at a level of standards higher than all the rest. He says I have style like Stevie Nicks and that I’m one of a kind. I don’t know if you have seen Stevie Nicks but she looks pretty out there if you ask me, why would I want to be so different. In high school I was taught to look the same, and you’ll get accepted into the game. In college are you really aloud to be yourself and bold? Did my father really know what he was talking about or did he just want me to look so weird that no boy would come within miles of me.

Line 3- College would change me.
Did they tell me as a warning, that I should have strong roots to keep myself from changing or did they say as you did a change and college will give you that change? Why is college a place of change, is it because there are just so many people that we now feel comfortable being ourselves, because if someone doesn’t like us there are 20,000 others who might. And in high school we were all fake, so college really doesn’t change one if just lets you be the one you want to be. Or it will change you as in you will go to college get the freshmen 15 and look completely different, therefore a change. Personally I don’t think I have changed, I still talk about stupid random things, snort when I laugh, dress like a slob, tell jokes I think are funny, let others walk all over me, and try to make everyone smile. Maybe be you weren’t happy with yourself to begin with college changes you, but college has not changed me.
Line 13- I wasn’t all that strong.
When I was little I would play Barbies with my older sister, and we would pretend the dolls were us, and I would always make my doll(me) go off to college far far way in Alaska or Texas, I said I want far away from here. That I didn’t need mom and dad that I was independent and could mange on my own, boy was I wrong. I’m only 2 hours away and I miss them like I was 5454545 miles away. I really am not that strong.

No comments: