Friday, October 3, 2008

Sweet Jesus!! I did a blog post!

Dear Daniel Borzutzky --

Thanks for coming in to talk to our class, although we didn't really seem to get started with the conversation unless provoked. It was great to get different ideas about reading and writing while still feeling as though I am not alone in my thought process, especially with my writing. I appreciate the insight and the poem was lovely, so thank you again for coming in to class.

Now that the thanks are over, I'd like to tell ya how things are goin with me. Being a freshman, I feel as though I have handled things fairly well and balanced everything out. The only thing that I seem to be lacking in is the fact that this is my first blog post in like a month!! I know that I do like to be a perfectionist when I write, and I am usually afraid of criticism of what I complete in class, because I do put a lot of my effort into it. I never really end up feeling like everything is done with what I need to do, so I was in fact wondering if there were any ways to quicken the writing process (although I'm sure if there is it's very few and may sacrifice quality for quantity). That would help me a lot.

You also mentioned to broaden our reading, as well as studying abroad to help us in writing or just in overall education. I know that you have been to Turkey and to probably a few other places, but I was just wondering what places would be interesting to see or go to for furthering my education perhaps outside of the U.S.? Also, what readings or what specific kinds of texts would you suggest that we read? (Although I'm sure the answer would probably be all of them, but if predominately literature, poetry, essays, etc, or a well balanced diet of all of them would be recommended.)

Anyway, thanks a lot for taking time to come talk to us and share your insights about reading writing and overcoming doubt. It was very helpful and I look forward to checking out some of your work which should be interesting.

Sincerely
Dan Bishop

No comments: