Friday, October 3, 2008

Open Letter

Dear Daniel Borzutzky,

Thank you very much for coming to our class. The insight you have provided us is very helpful. I myself growing up had the urge to write as well. If I was upset, worried or even excited I would express myself in my private journal. I would write poems, short stories or just vent. When I look back at my past work, I really do wonder what i was thinking. I never share it with anyone, but I enjoy looking back and seeing what I was going through at the time. It reminds me that when I become upset with something in present time, that a year or even a month from now it won't mean anything.

My expirence at I.S.U. thus far, has been rough at times but amazing at others. I believe I adjusted well to my new atmosphere, but I have gone through patches of loneliness. All my friends and I went to different colleges so making new friends has been hard for me.

The ambience here is much different from home as well. I feel like I have a lot of distractions at times and it can be very hard to accomplish school work, but when I really buckle down at my desk and keep my door closed, I am surprised with the amount of work I can accomplish. I feel very organized here, where as at home, my room was a mess and things were everywhere.

How did you personally decide that majoring in English, if thats what u majored in, was the right major for you? I love reading and writing and I love being surrounded by it, I really hope that that is enough to help me get through these next 4 years.

No matter what kind of day I am having, no matter what stress is on my mind, the moment I walk into Gabe's classroom, I become so excited. I can't wait to talk about what we had read last night and find out other peoples opinions as well and share my own. I enjoy seeing things in different light, and by listening to how others percive the reading, helps me look at things in a new light.

Once agian, thank you very much for coming to our class. It has helped keep me possitive about my major and has helped me remember how much I do love literature and how much I love to be surrounded by it.

Sincerly,
Laura Olson

No comments: